I should be ashamed. Really. I knew, I knew in my heart, that I was going to be short on yarn for Ollie's Ragman. But I thought it would only be a bit at the end and I would compensate by shortening the sweater a bit.
What I didn't count on was that my gauge would be off and the sweater would eat more yarn than anticipated. I'm here.
And this is a bad place to be with less than one full ball of yarn left. I realized I was in trouble last night, and started knitting the sleeves before finishing the body, thinking I would just make it with a slightly shortened measurement. (And yes, I'm annoyed that the sleeve patterning is inconsistent with the body, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to rip it out and see if I can play with the number of stitches to "fix" that.)
I'm now accepting that I am, in the vernacular, screwed.
I once knit Ollie a cute little hat with this same weight yarn and striped it with this yarn in gray, an effect I really liked. I think something like that, at the bottom of the sweater, is my only option.
I don't have any of that particular yarn left and I do wish I had planned better and knit the collar in trim, but unless I want to rip the whole sweater out and start over with the trim collar, my only option is to squeeze out as much of the sleeves as I can and then use trim for an oversized cuff there at the bottom of the body.
It doesn't help that it's my own fault and I should have planned better. I've sulked and I've pretended it wasn't so, but like all drama, ultimately the only thing to do is confront it and move forward. *Sigh*