A small confession. I jammed a couple of pairs of pants and some tee-shirts in my son's suitcase for spring break. This left my roll on board and my carry on bags free for knitting. Because that's what spring break is about, right?
I've got the following projects along with me:
- March Monkey – I don't like the fidgety double points and color changes for airplane knitting, but I'll work on him once we arrive.
- Frostline – I had to set this Plucky Knitter project aside while I waited for Dandy Lion and Sticky Toffee, the next two colors I needed, to arrive. Ultimately, I decided to substitute a skein of Cornucopia for Sticky Toffee, but now I'm all set to go.
- Drachenfels – I don't expect to make lots of progress on this, but brought it along for "insurance" knitting (I know, I know).
- Vodka Lemonade – I'd like to finish the shoulder increases, so I can work on the body on a long flight later this month. I love this sweater! The color, the yarn (Plucky Crew), just everything about it is wonderful. At the lighter dk gauge, it has been a slow, but very enjoyable, knit so far.
- Tipperary – I had hoped to finish this, but a couple of busy weeks mean I haven't had much time for knitting, so I'm still a few rows shy. This is first up for airplane knitting, and hopefully I can finish it by the time we arrive.
- Antarktis – The Adventurous April KAL starts on April 1, so although this yarn is currently tucked away in my suitcase, I can't wait to get started! I may even stay up late and cast on at midnight, because after all, that's what spring break is for.
Expect a few quick pictures and updates on knitting as the week progresses.